You don’t have to live with an imperfect smile!
Porcelain veneers, or porcelain laminates, are an excellent solution for a total smile makeover.
Porcelain veneers hide chips, cracks, stains, and gaps in your teeth, leaving you with a natural-looking smile that you won’t be afraid to show!
They are an especially popular solution for those with staining from surgery, medication, or too much fluoride.
The veneer is a thin shell that is custom-made to match the exact size and shape of your tooth. Porcelain veneers are:
- Strong and long-lasting
Veneers are a quick, two-appointment procedure.
- To prepare the teeth, we’ll remove a small amount of enamel from the front and sides of the teeth. This makes room for the veneers so that your teeth look natural.
- We’ll then make an impression, or mold, of the prepared teeth and decide on the best shade.
- We’ll send the impression to the dental lab so they can be custom-made, and we’ll give you temporary veneers to wear for several days.
- We’ll place the veneers on the teeth to check the fit and shape.
- After any needed adjustments, we’ll clean and bond your veneers to your teeth.
Considering veneers? You should know:
- Teeth and gums must first be healthy.
- They may not be a good solution if you clench or grind your teeth.
- Veneers can come loose over time and will need to be replaced.
- Talk with our team to see if you are a good candidate for veneers now or can be in the future.
What to expect after getting veneers:
- Veneers can chip or break under pressure. Don’t bite your nails or routinely chew on ice, hard candy or other hard objects.
- It may take you a few days to get used to the feel of your veneers. We’ll check for fit and comfort before you leave the office, but do schedule another appointment if they start feeling uncomfortable.
- You still need to maintain your teeth. Keep your teeth and gums clean by brushing and flossing each day. You can still get cavities under or around veneers, so be sure to keep to your cleaning and exam schedule.